onsdag 16. september 2015

Love song for nerds (*heart*)

So, Anders and I are watching The Big Bang Theory these days - we've just started season 7, and are kind of speeding through (we've both watches a lot of it before, but never from the beginning to the end, and not together). I know some physicists think the show is making fun (like, in a mean way) of us physicists, but I don't think it does - i just LOVE it <3


Anyway - this weekend we saw the episode where Howard has made a song for Bernadette: If I didn't have you (Bernadette's song), and it really is the sweetest thing I've seen in a long time! 
See/hear the song HERE (seriously, DO IT ;))
Here's the lyrics - what do you think?


If I didn’t have you, life would be blue,
I’d be Doctor Who without the Tardis,
A candle without a wick,
A Watson without a Crick.
I’d be one of my outfits without a Dick-ie.
I’d be cheese without the mac,
Jobs without the Wozniak.
I’d be solving exponential equations
That use bases not found on your calculator,
Making it much harder to crack.
I’d be an atom without a bond,
A dot without the com,
And I’d probably still live with my mom.

And he’d probably still live with his mom.

Ever since I met you,
You turned my world around.
You supported all my dreams and all my hopes.
You’re like Uranium 235 and I’m Uranium 238,
Almost inseparable isotopes.
I couldn’t have imagined
How good my life would get,
From the moment that I met you, Bernadette.
If I didn’t have you, life would be dreary.
I’d be string theory without any string.
I’d be binary code without a one, Cathode ray tube without an electron gun.
I’d be “Firefly”, “Buffy” and “Avengers” without Joss Whedon.
I’d speak a lot more Klingon:
Heghlu’meH QaQ jajvam.

And he’d definitely still live with his mom.

Ever since I met you,
You turned my world around.
You’re my best friend and my lover.
We’re like changing electric and magnetic fields:
You can’t have one without the other.
I couldn’t have imagined
How good my life would get,
From the moment that I met you, Bernadette.
Oh, we couldn’t have imagined
How good our lives would get,
From the moment that we met you, Bernadette.
----------------------------------------------------------

#wants

Quiz (radiation course stuff), TALYS (the code I'm using for the analysis of my beloved uranium these days), and Nelly(.com) - that's basically my day today. 
Tomorrow I'm getting up really early, to get Alexandra to kindergarden, before the (way too) early lecture in computational physics... I'm not taking the course, but I'm trying my best to learn more C++ :P Then there will be more TALYS, writing on my next paper (yeay!), reading a paper I'm co-authoring, and hopefully no online shopping ;)
Here are some of things I actually ended up buying, by the way:

#buys
jakke // topp // sko

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...