torsdag 5. november 2015

What I wore #1 Debattskolen

Since I wrote about what to wear as a female scientist I got all kinds of reactions: From those who thought this was way over the top, and that I have now "stretched my pink bubblegum too far", to those who didn't see any issues with this what so ever, to those who want to wear something (like dresses or high heels) but has actually been ridiculed for being too feminine, thus not serious enough.
Therefore I thought: why not write more about #whatiwore for different occasions where I have given a talk, or had some kind of "performance". Then those who were provoked about me writing seriously about how to dress can continue to be provoked, or just not read the blogpost; those who didn't think of this as an issue at all can do whatever they like; and those who actually think of this as an issue, and maybe want some inspiration can read the blogpost and hopefully be inspired ;)

First out is my outfit for Debattskolen last Wednesday (sorry it has taken me a week, but that's just life), where I was in a panel consisting of several bloggers - we were discussing blogging; why and how. Lots of fun, and very interesting to listen to the experiences of the other bloggers (Gunnar Tjomlid, Hans-Petter Nygård-Hansen, Maria Gjerpe, and Christoffer Hovde)!
I felt like being ultra feminine this day, and I was certain I had to wear either a dress or a skirt. I ended up with this yellow, high waisted skirt from H&M, and a knitted top from KOOKAÏ (love the length of the arms - perfect for occasions inside at this time of the year). The plan was to change into heels for the evening, and just wear the sneakers at the university during the day, but I ended up feeling the outfit was actually perfect with the all white sneakers this day - a little bit more towards cute and fun ;)

#foredragsoutfit

skirt: HM // tights: HM (200 denier - the best for everyday use!) // scarf: CMYK //watch: Apple // top: kookaï // sneakers: Nelly


Next question of the month will, by the way, be on the 15th of November. That's a Sunday, and I don't really like that so much, but I just found out that the 15th every month is a good date, and next time after that it will be on a weekday :)

---------------------------------------------------

PS: I just gave my "10 reasons why I love <3 nuclear physics" talk, and this is a peek of my look today - I really like my hair like this (if I'm not nervous of not being taken ultra seriously; if that was the case I would have made a bun) :D

my selfie got photobombed <3

3 kommentarer:

  1. Jeg digget det forrige innlegget ditt! Jeg er selv fysiker med doktorgrad som underviser/holder foredrag i jobben og vil gjerne se bra ut samtidig som jeg får respekt.

    Digger bloggen din!

    SvarSlett
  2. Jeg digget det forrige innlegget ditt! Jeg er selv fysiker med doktorgrad som underviser/holder foredrag i jobben og vil gjerne se bra ut samtidig som jeg får respekt.

    Digger bloggen din!

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Tusen takk, det var en veldig hyggelig beskjed å få på en fredags morgen!
      Sunniva ❤️

      Slett

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...