mandag 23. november 2015

#whatiwore on Friday




On Friday I started the day with a lecture for a bunch of physics teachers that were spending half of last week at the institute, to learn even more than they already do.
I must admit I always get a little bit nervous before I'm talking to teachers, since I have such a great respect for the job that they do, and the knowledge they possess; when it comes to "old" physics teachers I'm certain that I have almost nothing "to bring to the table" (except my very own research, which I'm probably the best at...). So when I'm giving talks to these people it always feels a little bit like I'm back in high-school, and that this is my final, oral exam ;)



In spite of my nervousness, I was still on "my field"; nuclear power and thorium - I know I know this, right, and therefore Friday's talk is one example of those occasions where I feel like I can be maximum girly: that means a combination of heels + dress + long hair + accessories <3 (The more secure I am about what I'm talking about, the more I can sort of "girly up" my outfit.)

I never know what to wear before I have tried on several outfits (which is also the reason why my suitcase is way heavier than it logically should have been, now that I'm on a little "tour", visiting schools around Norway; I visited one school today, where I gave two talks, there will be another school tomorrow, and yet another on Wednesday - on Thursday I'll be talking in Stavanger, and I can tell you for sure there are more than three outfits in my suitcase, since I can never know in advance what I want to wear on a particular day), but on Friday I ended up with a simple, quite short, light pink shift dress, that I bought when I visited Paris last year with my mother. I really like the length of the sleeves - just below the elbows - makes it perfect for this season.



With my glasses, that I have already become quite fond of, I feel like I can be even more girly (than without them; hello pink, and big "diamonds"!) - it's just like the glasses neutralize some of the girlyness ;) But when my hair is down, like here, I go a little bit back on the accessories when it comes to size, since it can be a little "competition" between all the hair and big ear rings (for example), and I just don't want that.


- I love to accessorise; not too much, but definitely not too little (rather too much ;) ) -


Only problem (or maybe I should call it challenge? ;) ) this time of the year is that it's cold, and all I really  want to wear is wool and soft clothes, layer on layer. Well, I guess you have to "suffer" a little bit...


- the dress, from my Paris trip with my mother exactly one year ago -

- my dearest Oslo, waking up in the background <3 -


2 kommentarer:

  1. Så denne kjolen på instagram og syntes den er SÅ fin! Heldige du. Nå har jeg travet Oslo rundt på jakt etter noe som ligner.

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Så hyggelig at du syns kjolen er fin - det syns jeg og :P
      Kjøpte den i en random butikk i Paris (har mange "billigkjoler@ som er kjøpt på den måten), men når jeg kommer hjem skal jeg sjekke om det står noe merke på den :)

      Slett

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...